We started the FinTalks Community on Facebook in August 2020. And since then, we keep on getting posts from lots of people asking for investment advice from fellow FinTalks members.
Well, investment is a very personal thing. Amongst all other things, it depends on:
- The amount to be invested and the mode of investment (one-time lump sum or monthly recurring)
- The duration of the investment.
- The goal of the investor towards the end of the investment tenure. (creating wealth, saving for children education, saving for retirement, short term savings, etc)
- The age and risk appetite of the investor.
- Whether the basics are covered (emergency funds, term insurance, long-term life goals, etc.)
As you can see, a lot of this varies from person to person. Also, the financial background of a person influences their investment scenarios a lot. So, it is suggested to have your own financial planning (or, hire a professional who can chalk it out for you).
So what is the point of this post?
Well, despite all this, we still sometimes need second opinions. And by discussing it with others, we open doors to rectifying ourselves in terms of getting better returns by choosing our investments smartly.
Another thing is, most of our group members are youngsters, either students or young professionals who are trying to shape their financial future at an early age. They have a very little amount to invest, maybe a part of their pocket money, or something they earn out of tuitions, etc. So, for them, a community is a good place to get some opinions and start investing.
This thread is all about that.
Over the last few months, there have been interesting threads on FinTalks where members asked for investment advice. Depending on their background, amount of investments, and tenure of investment, the suggestions varied marginally.
All I wanted to do is collect such threads in one place so that you can go through them anytime later on. You might have similar investment strategies, and this might help you get some insights.
Disclaimer: As explained above, your investments are a personal choice, and all of these discussions are just mere suggestions. Whether you accept them or not is purely up to you. Hiring a fee-only financial planner is always recommended for better financial management.
Click on the respective links to browse the posts and check out the suggestions:
- Where do FinTalks members Invest? (Thread)
- Which Mutual Funds did FinTalks members Invest in? (Poll)
- Which Investment Instrument gave the most returns for FinTalks Members? (Poll)
- How to become Rich and Financially Independent? (Question from a 19yo)
- Health Insurance is Important.
- 1.2 L one-time investment for 1-2 years.
- RD investment 10k/month for 1 year.
- 20-40L lumsum for 1-2 years.
- 5.5L lump-sum investment for the long-term. (safety priority)
- 5-10k per month SIP on Mutual Funds.
- 5k per month investment for a beginner.
- 15-20k per month investment for a minimum of 10 years.
- 30-40k per month Stock Market investment for a minimum of 10 years.
- 40k per month investment for a minimum of 15 years.
More coming soon!