How to Get a Credit Card as a Student / with No Income Proof?

Credit Cards may seem to be lucrative due to the enormous benefits it offers, especially discounts during online sales. However, you do need to have an income source to be able to get yourself a Credit Card. Banks typically offer credit cards to people who are Salaried, and/or Self Employed (that is, doing business).

But in case you do not have any income proof, or you work anywhere and get paid in cash or UPI (for example, if you are a tuition provider), or you are a college student, then it will be hard to source a Credit Card by usual means.

But don’t worry, there are 2 ways you can get yourself a Credit Card.

1. Get a Secured Credit Card against Fixed Deposit.
  2. Get a Pre-approved Credit Card.

These are two genuine and fully legal ways of obtaining a Credit Card. I have already written a detailed post on each of these methods. Check out the links to read them.

Which Method is Better?

If you ask for my personal opinion, I will always prefer (2) getting a preapproved credit card rather than (1) a secured credit card.

See, both (1) & (2) require you to invest some amount of money into your bank. In method (1), you invest in an FD, and you can obtain a credit card instantly. In method (2), you have to wait for 3-6 months to get a Credit Card, however, it is a proper regular unsecured credit card.

Now it is completely up to you which you want. Make your decision wisely.

Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to join our FinTalks Facebook Group & FinTalks Telegram Channel for regular updates on banking and finance.

1 Like