Guidelines On Capturing Customer Location By UPI Apps - NPCI

Till Now UPI Apps Like Google Pay, BharatPe Etc Apps Not Possible To Use UPI Services Without Giving Location (GPS) Permission

On 5th July 2022 NPCI Released A Notice That Location Permission Shouldn’t Be Done As Mandatory One

If User Want To Share Location They Will Else They Won’t. It Should Be Optional, Not Mandatory

Apps Should Change This To Optional By 1st Dec 2022

Else Serious Action Will Be Taken By NPCI On That Apps

Source (PDF) : http://bit.ly/3P6FzPm

2 Likes

That’s a relief. Thanks for sharing this @LUKA. Btw, I am still waiting for all banks to comply with UPI PIN Set & Reset Using Aadhaar Number & OTP in BHIM UPI App. Let’s hope that comes soon! :heart_eyes:

I think it should be done before 31st September. Thare is no official release yet.but as we know that npci has relase notification for psp and third party to comply with UPI GLOBAL AND ODR (real time online dispute system…before 31st September.

So it could be same…

1 Like

Thank you for your inputs @Gaurav_Kalal. Let’s see… hope this comes sooner.

Can you post thread on zestmoney personal loan…
I am credit card guy but iam using zest for half and year they give me a pre approved loan offer.i don’t any requirements.but i calculated some things that might wrong can you figure it out.

Haven’t used Zestmoney personally so its a bit hard for me… but still will try to gather information if I find then will post.