GUIDE: How to Apply for SBI Add-on Credit Card?

In case you are holding an SBI Credit Card, you can apply for SBI Addon Credit Card for your family members also. Check out this post to know how you can apply.

What is Add-on Credit Card?

An Add-on Card is a secondary card provided to your direct family members. It is of the same variant as the primary card and shares the same features as the primary card. I have already written a detailed post on What is Addon Credit Card, what are its benefits. Check it out: Add-on Credit Cards Explained: Features, Benefits, How to Apply?

Things to Remember:

• You can apply for a maximum of 2 Addon Cards per Primary SBI Credit Card.
  • There are no charges involved. Addon Cards are issued as Lifetime Free Cards.
  • IMPORTANT: This service is not available in PAN India. At the time of writing this post on March 2022, you can apply for Add-on Cards only if your registered address is from Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, and Chennai.
  • In case you are staying elsewhere, you may still try to contact SBI Cards Customer Support and request them for SBI Addon Card, I know some people managed to get Addon Cards outside these locations also. However, they were using premium high-net-worth Credit Cards. For normal credit cardholders, I don’t think this has much chances.
  • Since Mastercard is temporarily banned now (March 2022), you will only get Addon Cards for VISA variant credit cards only.
  • Important: Once an Addon Card is issued, SBI will change both your Primary and Addon Card numbers. You will be getting a fresh primary card as well as an addon card. This will happen every time you request a new SBI Addon Credit Card. It will be replaced for all previous primary and addon cardholders.

How to Apply for SBI Addon Credit Card?

• Visit the SBI Addon Card Application Website.
  • Enter all the details of the Addon Cardholder.
  • Upload the KYC documents of the Addon Cardholder.
  • Submit the form.
  • Next, SBI will schedule an offline KYC Appointment, where someone from SBI Cards will visit your home to collect KYC documents again. I don’t know what’s the point of asking for online KYC documents at all if they send a guy offline. However, this happens!
  • Once this is done, you can expect your Addon Credit Card to get delivered within 2 weeks.

Important:

1. Alternatively, you can manually contact SBI Cards Helpline and request them for Addon CC. They will book an appointment and send someone to your home for KYC documents pickup. This also works.
  2. I have heard lots of complaints that even after contacting SBI Cards for Addon. or filling up the online form, they don’t send anyone for KYC Documents pickup. If this happens, you need to contact them again and reschedule an appointment. There is no other alternative. Some people (even from supported locations) had to repeatedly call SBI Cards 4-5 times before finally submitting KYC docs offline. This is a bad practice, however, there is no workaround, at this moment.

Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to join our FinTalks Facebook Group & FinTalks Telegram Channel for regular updates on banking and finance.

Thanks for a very informative post that encouraged me to apply for addon for my mom aswell. The fact that one had to upload the documents as well as provide them physically didn’t cut ice with me so i raised the issue with CC to which they as usual fwd the link to upload etc ect without addressing the issue. I just forwaded the same to the office of nodal officer complaining that once its confirmed that a kyc document pickup is scheduled and request been registered then why should i upload the documents to an email address which is no where mentioned on the SBI website. Within a day i got 2 calls feom sbi card department taking doen details of my mother and next morning the guy tured up sharp 10 am as scheduled for kyc document and photograph pickup. Waiting for the card to be delivered now😜

Wow @Pujaari that was incredible. I hope you get your card delivered soon. Btw, thanks for joining FinTalks Forum!