How to Check CIBIL / Experian / CRIF / Equifax Credit Score for FREE? [30+ Platforms]

Wanted to check your Credit Score for FREE but not sure where? Don’t worry, here’s a comprehensive list of 30+ apps and websites that you can use. I will keep updating the list as I find new providers.

Things to Note:

• Before you get started, you should remember that there are 6 Credit Bureaus in India:
  1. Transunion CIBIL.
  2. Experian.
  3. CRIF Highmark.
  4. Equifax.
  5. CRISIL.
  6. ICRA.
  • Out of these 6, the first 4 are the most important, especially CIBIL. Most financial institutions look at your CIBIL score to determine your creditworthiness. Since CIBIL is so popular in India, we generally say ‘CIBIL Score’ instead of saying ‘Credit Score’.

• Each bureau has its own method of calculating scores, so your scores will vary against each bureau. Don’t get confused about why the score is low on one Bureau and high on another. The metrics or weightage given to each factor while calculating your Credit Score varies from one bureau to other.

• Whenever you apply for a new cc and a new CIBIL inquiry is done, you can check on any app for the inquiry amount/change in Credit Score.

• If you do multiple inquiries in a month, you can check in a different app/site for updated scores, since you are only allowed to refresh your score once every 35 days in any single app/site.

• Last but not least, checking your Credit Report DOES NOT impact your Credit Scores at all, since it is a Soft Inquiry. In fact, you should regularly check your Credit Score to stay updated on the latest developments.

Also Read: Factors that Affect your Credit Score Positively/Negatively

How to check my Credit Score?

Below is a list of apps and websites that you can use to determine your Credit Scores. You can download their app (or visit their website) and enter information like your Name, Mobile No, Email, and PAN Card. It will fetch your Credit Score from the Credit Bureau.

Name Bureaus Remarks
Amazon Pay CIBIL
Axis Bank CIBIL Official CIBIL Platform
Bajaj Finserv CIBIL Anytime update.
Bankbazaar Experian
BharatPe Experian
Cred Experian, Crif
CreditMantri Equifax
Experian Whatsapp Experian Anytime update.
Fit.Credit CRIF
Freecharge CIBIL
HDFC Bank CIBIL Official CIBIL Platform (currently not working)
HDFCLife Creditmart CIBIL
ICICI Netbaking CIBIL Free for ICICI Wealth Management Customers only.
IIFL Finance CIBIL Anytime update.
IndiaLends CIBIL
IndMoney Experian
Khatabook Experian
Kotak 811 Experian Only for Kotak Credit Card users only.
LazyPay CIBIL
MyMoneyKarma Equifax
OneScore CIBIL, Experian
Paisabazaar CIBIL, Experian, CRIF, Equifax Doesn’t always update on time.
PayMe CIBIL Anytime update. You may receive spam calls.
PayTM CIBIL, Equifax Doesn’t always update on time.
RBL Bank CIBIL Official CIBIL Platform
Rupyz CIBIL
SBI Home Loans CIBIL
Tata Capital Experian
Tata Neu Experian
Wishfin CIBIL
YesBank CIBIL Official CIBIL Platform

Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to join our FinTalks Facebook Group & FinTalks Telegram Channel for regular updates on banking and finance.

1 Like

@nirmal Earlier I use to view my free CIBIL report using HDFC Account CIBIL (https://myscore.cibil.com/CreditView/error.page?enterprise=HDFCBANK), but now when I try, I get the below error. Do you have any info about this ??

Yes HDFC CIBIL giving issues. Try the YesBank CIBIL. Link is updated in the main post above. It works for all, irrespective of whether you have a YesBank Account or not.

1 Like

kotak 811 non credit cards users also getting free experian report montly wise .

1 Like

Facing same issue with YES Bank cibil portal as well. Can somebody confirm if it is still working for them